16-year-old apprentice electrocuted in boss’s workshop in Lagos


The apprentice of a welder, Daniel Omoniyi, died of electrocution at his boss’s workshop in the Mile 12 area of Lagos State on Wednesday, March 1.

According to reports, Omoniyi and his colleague were working when he suffered the accident. The colleague immediately rushed Omoniyi to a hospital where he was confirmed dead.

Omoniyi’s mother reported the incident at the police station in Mile 12 on Thursday, March 2.

Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the state police command, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, said;

“The Mile 12 Police Division received the regrettable information on Thursday from the mother of one Daniel Omoniyi, a 16-year-old welder apprentice who was electrocuted inside their Mile 12 workshop around 7pm on March 1, 2023. He was rushed to the hospital where he was later confirmed dead.”


Hundeyin said Omoniyi’s corpse had been deposited at the Lagos Mainland Hospital mortuary for further investigation.